RESULTS! That’s what everyone really wants but how do they get it?
I wanted to share the lesson I had with my coaches and coaching clients today.
These are bullet points but I believe you will find this edifying.
1. The importance of the initial conversation.
- Dig for a real reason they are there.
- Get personal.
- Make them write it down.
- What’s their motivation?
- What drives them?
2. People don’t invest in health and fitness information.
- The people who seek us out and hire us don’t care about workout programs. They don’t care about nutrition. They don’t care about diets. They don’t care about how many sets and reps are optimal. They don’t care about what exercises are going to get them to their goal. They don’t care about any of that.
- What they care about are the results. They want to feel better. You’re the person who’s going to get them those results. So all the science, all the stuff we as Fitpros love to learn about and share and teach and invest in, they don’t care about any of that. We do, but our clients really don’t. Remember that.
3.You are a mentor.
- Your clients are there for you to lead them.
- All else is just a means of transportation.
- They trust you.
4. Its more than sales and marketing.
- Get people into the right mindset
- 80% mindset, 20% tactics (Tony Robbins)
- Coach them to believe
- Get them the results and make them believe they are the ones responsible for it.
- Make them change from the inside out!
5. Why people are investing in you.
- They don’t know what to do.
- They will fail on their own, they need you to help them not be upset with them.
- Have an accountability system!
6. What’s frustrating you?
- Identify what’s affecting your clients results and implement (keyword) something to stop it or change it.
- What are your expectations?
- Find out what’s wrong.
- Be Accessible.
- Remind them of their goals and get them back on track.
7. The uncomfortable conversation.
- Find out what the heck is going on with them if they are not meeting their goals.
- Get personal if you have to.
- Get them to open up so that you can help them.
- Be empathic.
8. Go out of your way.
- Do what others won’t do for their clients. (overdeliver x10)
- Do whatever it takes to get them results.
- Give rewards for making goals (free session, gift card etc.)
- Force results!
9. Understand what triggers them.
- Find out when they are most happy.
- Find out when they are least happy.
- Find out the triggers for this.
- Get them back to their happy place.
- Be a model for them.
- Be enthusiastic and get them that way too.
10. Let em go.
- Some people you just have to let go.
- They always have someone to blame.
- Don’t allow them to get you in a negative frame of mind.
- Put the responsibility on them.
- You may not be able to help everyone.
***Action steps to help get your clients going***
- Text them a motivational quote or pic.
- Call them and ask if there is anything else you can do to help them.
- Send them a tip on mindset, nutrition or training.
- Call them and tell them you are proud. (we all need affirmation once in a while!)
To your success,
P.S. Let me know if you have any questions about this and I will be glad to help.
Leave a Reply